Monday, September 13, 2010
So Long, Gideons
This article, being by far the shortest we've read yet, has very little to it in terms of craft or substance. I don't feel like it has any Troutman moments, I don't particularly get behind the kicker or lead, there just isn't a lot here I feel like was done particularly well. Short articles can have all the things that we've talked about, certainly, but I don't feel like this one really does. It does a good job of explaining its story and giving us the information, but if I just want information, then I can get that from a newspaper article. I think it is strongly tied to its material why its not to strong, and the fact that they weren't able to get any comments from the Gideons International also really hurt it. There aren't any strong quotes to stand out, and I think they would have gotten a lot from that particular group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment